iDiet

[a weight loss story]

*kathrynoh at nemesis dot com dot au*

::15.12.05::

Hairy

I woke up this morning and realised I love my life. I love that I can do what I want and, while not rich by any means, I have the money to meet my needs. I love getting out and moving - walking and running and going to the gym. I love my friends - my sister is coming down from Sydney on the weekend and we are going out for brunch and girlie shopping plus I'll probably go for drinks with favourite hunka burning love - Sugar Lips. I'm in control of everything and it feels so good.

Now to change the subject completely. Has anyone else noticed themselves getting more hairy as they lose weight? Well probably not more hairy - I think it's just that as the skin surface area shrinks, the hairs become more concentrated (belly - I'm looking at you). I guess this is a good thing, right? It means my belly is indeed shrinking. Better to be hairy than fat!

Anyway, I got a 20% off voucher for the Fila shop in my goodie bag last night so I think I'll walk down there this afternoon and get some new gym gear. I have an issue with logo-emblazened clothing but if it's cheap enough, I'll make an exception.

Update: the Fila shop had 50% off everything so I got that then my 20% off discount! Woohoo! I ended up buying a pair of trackies, a singlet and a t-shirt. I got XL and didn't bother trying them on, figuring if they were too tight they'd fit soon but they all fit fine.

I really wanted to get a pair of shoes for walking that aren't runners - something nice and casual but with some walking support. Much harder than you'd think. Any suggestions?

Hope you have a great time with your sister. I love shopping, i'm going tonight but I think it will be too busy and rushed to be enjoyable. Have a great day!
Bri

By Blogger Briony, at 11:52 am  

What a wonderful happy post. That is exactly how I feel too.

I don't think I am any hairier now than I was when I was 103kg but I certainly notice it a lot more because I can't remove hair by waxing while I'm on Roaccutane, so have to use the razor every few days. It seems to grow back very quickly!!

Hope you have a great day, and glad you enjoyed the fun run! xxx

By Blogger philippa_moore, at 12:37 pm  

i've been reading through some people on diets and blogging it...i'm just som amazed at how much strength and perseverence you have, i still live in hope

By Blogger laura, at 1:04 pm  

I think I'm hairier than I was! Like you, it round my tummy area- the wee line that runs down middle. To be honest though I think it's just cause I can see the underside of my less round tummy, more easily.

By Blogger Lainey, at 8:06 pm  

you sound so happy, its infectious!
sketchers make cute sneakers that go with jeans but can also handle some walking!

By Blogger Kt, at 8:21 pm  

Yes, I swore I would never buy Skechers because they used to be advertised by Britney Spears (to whom I had a serious aversion at the time) but a while back, I needed some decent black shoes to wear to work and ended up with their black leather not-exactly-trainers, which have been very comfortable. I'm actually considering buying a second pair as they still make them and I've had them about a year.

I do prefer Docs, but even I can see they're not appropriate for every work situation, and they take more breaking in before they're totally comfortable.

By Blogger K, at 9:06 pm  

I'm just so impressed that you run!I am not remotely close to be able to run, mostly since my boobs are way too big. And it just looks so awful to run down the street clutching your bosoms in your hands...

By Blogger Haloranch, at 6:30 am  

 

stats:

current weight:
76.6 kg

start weight:
110.1 kg

total loss:
33.5 kg

goal weight:
70 kgs

 

measurements:

boobs: 100 cm

waist: 81 cm

hips: 109 cm

thighs: 50 cm

 

Weekly Goal Lifestyle Changing Challenge-A-Rama

Week 1 - Drink more water

Week 2 - Cut out sugary treats

*

my writing blog

previous:

Fun Run

Quick Question

Electricity

Arrrgghh!

Some replies to comments...

Running

Hermit Inertia

Weigh In Day

After my last post, I wanted to clarify that my fr...

Envy

archives