iDiet

[a weight loss story]

*kathrynoh at nemesis dot com dot au*

::12.12.05::

Some replies to comments...

Dee - spinning is a class on stationary bikes.

These unique indoor bikes have adjustable features that allow all body types to get a custom fit and a comfortable ride. A fantastic cardiovascular workout - burn up to 600 calories in a 45 minute class!

That is the description from my gym brochure, although my butt would argue with the bit about a comfortable ride sometimes!

Some gyms also have Cycle or RPM classes which are similar.

I love Spin. I think it's one of those things you either love or hate and it took me a few classes to learn to love it. I feel like I'm getting a great workout and because it's only 45 minutes, I can really push myself. Also you don't need to have all that co-ordination stuff that I am severely lacking in like you do for aerobics.

Debra - I noticed the absence of your blog. You'll be sorely missed.

Lucinda - I do Spin at the Collingwood Leisure Centre, not at Fitness 405 which has the $4 classes. I go to both gyms because I love the cheapness of $4 classes but they don't have Spin or Boxing. Oh and I also do the occasional class at Fitness First. I truly am a gym slut but I find it hard to commit to one gym.

As to the smoking issue - I think I'm just going to dwell on it for a while. That's what I did with all my other health changes. I actually started making lifestyle changes for about 12 months before I got serious about losing weight and think I lost about 5 kilograms in that time. Anyway the seed is planted but it will definitely be a post-Christmas thing. I can deal with no pigging out or boozing over the holidays but draw the line at quitting smoking too.

One thing I found interesting, in an old issue of Slimming magazine there was a study that said smoking caused you to carry your weight more in your abdominal section which is my biggest problem area. This is going to sound awful, but that makes me want to give up more than any of the health risks or even the prohibitive cost. Yes, I am that shallow.

The volunteer work was bad today. Not the work itself, just the array of snacks laid on. Tim Tams (I stopped at two even though there was one lonely biscuit left in the bowl. Once I've been as able to leave one biscuit sitting there as a cat could leave a big, juicy mouse playing under it's nose but I've evolved since then). Other than that, I had a few mints - those XXX strong ones that remind me of my Nan. Oh yeah, and about half hour before I finished they bought out the Pringles. Normally I can resist all manner of chips and chip-like products. You can surround me with packets of Samboys and Twisties and Burger Rings and I'll be like - blah, whatever. But my one weakness is Pringles. They are surely the fountainhead of savoury treats. So I had a handful or two.

I think knowing I had spin class this arvo made me more lax than I'd normally be with those kind of things. Bad me. But on the plus side, I've done over 1,000 calories worth of exercise today - walking, running, spin, swimming, more walking. I'm a regular athlete!

 

stats:

current weight:
76.6 kg

start weight:
110.1 kg

total loss:
33.5 kg

goal weight:
70 kgs

 

measurements:

boobs: 100 cm

waist: 81 cm

hips: 109 cm

thighs: 50 cm

 

Weekly Goal Lifestyle Changing Challenge-A-Rama

Week 1 - Drink more water

Week 2 - Cut out sugary treats

*

my writing blog

previous:

Running

Hermit Inertia

Weigh In Day

After my last post, I wanted to clarify that my fr...

Envy

Hippos

Non-Scale Achievements

Stuff

Things I'd like to see...

Gain Again

archives