iDiet

[a weight loss story]

*kathrynoh at nemesis dot com dot au*

::2.12.05::

Gain Again

So I weighed in today and I had a 300 gram gain. Not happy about that but what can do? Just try harder next week, is all. Damn me and popcorn eating at the movies ways.

So the plan for next week is to cut out all the extra treats. No alcohol this weekend, no chocolate all week, no cafe coffees. I can do it for a week.

Also, because I do all my tracking at Diet Club, I put in my food and exercise for the day then forget about it. Over the weekend, I might print off my food diary for the past week and do some analysis on it. I'm pretty sure I know what the issue is though. It's that I'll think - okay, I can have a little treat. But I've been doing that too often. I remember reading ages ago something that said one treat a day and you can lose weight, two treats a day and you'll maintain, three treats a day and you'll gain. It's not exactly scientifically accurate, but it's a good rule of thumb.

I know that exercise isn't an issue (and is probably the reason I've gained 300 grams instead of 3 kilos) because I've been pushing myself hard with the workouts for the last few weeks. My water intake could be better though, especially now it's getting warmer. A few weeks ago, I made up a big heap of raspberry and lime iced tea. I might try that again because it was yum.

I'm going to the market today so will stock up on lots of fruit and vegies. For something different, I thought I'd go with a Mexican theme this week. I know Mexican isn't normally considered the most healthy of food, but it can be done if you stick to things like fajitas and low fat chilli con carne.

I figure, it's not worth making all the sides - like salsa, beans and guatemole - for just one meal, but if I make a bunch then I can make a few different Mexican style dishes through the week and have the sides all ready to go. I mean, it's either that or throw a Mexican dinner party because I'm not going to all that fuss for one meal for myself.

If it goes well, I'll post up all the recipes on Ab Flab. The added advantage of Mexican is that you automatically add heaps more legumes to the diet.

Now I just have to work out what the weather's doing. I was thinking of a walk this morning but I don't know if it's going to rain.

Update - I went for my walk. Man, this is probably TMI but I got a about a km from home and started jogging. Jogging was not good, because it made me realise I needed to poo. So I thought I'd just walk. About another km or so and even walking wasn't good. I thought about turning around for home but a bit further up the track was a playground with a public toilet. I've gone past it heaps of times but you don't notice these things until you need them. I hate public toilets so much but what can you do? The thing was the whole time I kept thinking - damn you, poo, I bet you are that extra 300 grams!

Another update - I talked in an earlier post about a seminar I wanted to go to. Well I tried all week to find out about it. Nutrition Australia were running the seminar so I checked their website but it looked like it hadn't been updated in about a year so I emailed them and rang them a number of times but only got voice mail. I also rang the radio station and got the details for the show's producer. He didn't have any contact details and all he could suggest was to just turn up. I didn't feel comfortable doing that though. So I gave it a miss. Then this morning I got an email back apologising because I'd missed the seminar and trying to sell me a heap of stuff. I'm not impressed.

dont worry bout the gain, its only a small one and it will be gone by next week, stick to your mini goals for the week and you will be fine.
and your question on my blog, yep i lost heaps check it out

By Blogger Baby Bump Wanted, at 9:31 am  

Thanks for that. I was drinking a cafe hot choc at the same time as reading about your poo and actually sprayed my PC whilst simultaneously coughing and laughing. What a shemozzle LOL

But at least you jogged :) And bugger about the gain but I think you have a great plan to analyse and pick up the eating front.

And how much does it suck when people are so disorganised with their events not to update their website or answer their emails. This is something that annoys me big time too.

Hope you have a great weekend Kathryn :D

By Blogger Margaret, at 10:35 am  

Eww annoying @ the late email and trying to sell you stuff - I HATE when they do that!!

Sorry about the gain, but like you said atleast it's 300grams and not like 4kgs it'll come off in no time...

And about the poo, lol running//jogging will do that to ya, gets the bowls moving like craaazy. That's why I always make sure I go to the toilet before I start running because it's such a pain (but I'm glad I use my treadmill.. I loathe public bathrooms too!)

Mexican theme sounds fun, mmmmm makes me crave a bit of fajita mmmm.

By Blogger Dee, at 10:53 am  

Mexican can be fantastic low fat food - so fresh and spicy! Keeps well too. Fajitas are a fantastic healthy meal. I also really like enchiladas and making spicy potato wedges to go with salsa and guacamole.

Sorry to hear about the gain, but I'm sure it will disappear if you keep up your exercise and cut out treats for a while. But don't deprive yourself too much - you've still got to live life and enjoy it. Skinny cappucino won't do you any harm, but no cookies with it!

I HATE public toilets too!

By Blogger philippa_moore, at 11:11 am  

Fajitas....go the fajitas...hmmm may have to lob down to the supermarket later and get some supplies.

Bugger about the gain, still 300g is better than more than 300g!

How did you manage a walk/jog - it's pissing down at my place - and I have to get to the post office no less :( ... if it hasn't stopped raining by 7.30pm I may have to weights instead!

Have a great weekend.

By Blogger Lucinda, at 3:36 pm  

LOL about the poo. Running is the best laxative ever, ahem.

By Blogger Esther, at 6:30 pm  

hahah... oh that had me cracking up "The thing was the whole time I kept thinking - damn you, poo, I bet you are that extra 300 grams!"
I like the treat theory... one, two or three.
:) A

By Blogger Ang, at 7:07 pm  

 

stats:

current weight:
76.6 kg

start weight:
110.1 kg

total loss:
33.5 kg

goal weight:
70 kgs

 

measurements:

boobs: 100 cm

waist: 81 cm

hips: 109 cm

thighs: 50 cm

 

Weekly Goal Lifestyle Changing Challenge-A-Rama

Week 1 - Drink more water

Week 2 - Cut out sugary treats

*

my writing blog

previous:

Today

Today is Blah Day

Wish Pants

Food

Fun Run

Things

Weigh In

Perfection

Sparkle

Music

archives