iDiet

[a weight loss story]

*kathrynoh at nemesis dot com dot au*

::1.12.05::

Today

After resolving to not eat junk, I ended up wolfing down half a box of popcorn at the movies. Grrr! Why do I do these things? Popcorn is evil, I swear. I didn't buy it, my son did and we made a snap decision to go to the movies so I had no time to prepare healthy treats but I could have had nothing. I didn't need to eat. I'd had lunch. I can surely sit through a 3 hour movie without snacking. Oh yeah, the movie wasn't 3 hours, it was just there were about an hour of pre-Harry Potter trailers and ads. If I'd known that, I'd have ran into the supermarket for some air popped popcorn. Oh well, I guess there is nothing for it but to move on and be thankful I didn't get a choc top as well.

Ages ago I signed up for this thing called Note From The Universe. Every day I get an email. I used to read them but now I just delete them but am too lazy to unsubscribe. For some reason I read today's though -

I don’t quite get how there can be so many gorgeous people in time and space, Kathryn, yet so few who choose to see their own beauty.

Choose this, gorgeous.

I do,
The Universe

Are you kidding, Kathryn? You’re way above average! Oh, go on, laugh.


Woohoo! I'm way above average.

You know, I have ethical dilemmas about the most stupid things. Like, for instance, packaged salads. See on the one hand, I hate washing lettuce and I'm a lousy maker of salads. I like the convenience of grabbing a bag of salad from the supermarket. I put it in my trolley and then I hear my friend, Tim's voice in my head saying only stupid people buy packaged salads. You could buy the ingredients and make it yourself for around 50 cents. So I put the salad back. Sometimes I buy the ingredients but then half the time never get around to making the salad because it's too much effort. It is indeed a quandary.

Don't feel guilty about buying packaged salads! I think the extra money is worth the time you save. And it's certainly better than spending it on a doctor. We are living in a golden age of food preparation in that we basically don't have to prepare foods anymore. It's fabulous! I can buy skinned, deboned chicken breasts in a bag and save myself so much hassle.

By Blogger Jennette Fulda, at 2:29 am  

 

stats:

current weight:
76.6 kg

start weight:
110.1 kg

total loss:
33.5 kg

goal weight:
70 kgs

 

measurements:

boobs: 100 cm

waist: 81 cm

hips: 109 cm

thighs: 50 cm

 

Weekly Goal Lifestyle Changing Challenge-A-Rama

Week 1 - Drink more water

Week 2 - Cut out sugary treats

*

my writing blog

previous:

Today is Blah Day

Wish Pants

Food

Fun Run

Things

Weigh In

Perfection

Sparkle

Music

Stop!

archives