iDiet

[a weight loss story]

*kathrynoh at nemesis dot com dot au*

::5.12.05::

Non-Scale Achievements

Since my scales are only moving in the wrong direction at the moment, I thought I'd focus on some non-scale achievements.

Over the weekend I read some information about running for beginners. Over the past couple of weeks I've been adding a few bursts of jogging to my walks but the sites all say NOT to run on concrete paths when you're a beginner - it's too hard on your joints. My walking track is all concrete. So this morning I changed things around - about 1 km along the path is a soccer field. I wanted to see how much running I could do. I figured maybe I could do half a lap and build up to a whole lap.

I jogged TWO whole laps of the ground. Woohoo! Go me. Sure, I know it's not exactly a marathon but it's far better than I thought I'd be able to do. I did another 1 1/2 laps on the way back too. The weird thing is, in all my years of high school hockey training (the only sport I willing played) I could never run a lap of the ground. That means I'm fitter now than I was at 14! Or maybe I'm just more motivated.

I also weigh less than I did at 14. I am like a 13 year old me. No, I'm not some super memory machine with all my childhood weights memorised - I was just such a beefy kid that my weight (in stones) stayed consistent with my age. The weird thing about that is that I can't remember growing much in height after I turned 10 - I was the tallest for 2 years then those damn boys overtook me in high school - so that means I would have been around the same height, maybe a few cm shorter, and 10 stone (65 kilos) at 10 years old. So why the hell did everyone nag the bejesus out of me for being so fat? I honestly believe that if I hadn't been nagged and pressured to lose weight, if the weight hadn't been such an almighty issue, then I would never have become so fat.

Anyway, how did I get onto that? Back to my morning walk. I also decided to turn my walk into a bit of a circuit (like the class I did Saturday morning) so every time I saw a bench I'd do some dips. I'm going to add more when I recover from the step-ups the other morning. The one thing I need to do though is push myself when I'm walking instead of slacking off with it. I'm going walking with Ashwee tomorrow so that might help.

I want to find a photo of me at 10 years old now to see how I looked. And you needn't think for a moment I'll be posting it on here because, from memory, in all my photos at that age I'm wearing bobby dazzler socks (with skirts). Haha, see how many people are old enough to know what I'm talking about.

Oh yeah, I'm selling some old clothes on ebay.

Wow!! Go you alright!!!!
I'm impressed girl, keep it up!
:) A

By Blogger Ang, at 4:05 pm  

good stuff with the running :)
WTF are bobby dazzler socks?? lol

By Blogger Kt, at 6:21 pm  

You really have made some achievements on the exercise front. 2 1/2 laps is pretty impressive.

By Blogger michelle, at 7:45 pm  

Well done with your jogging. Every now and then I try and add a bit in but I really struggle. If I do 100 metres I'm doing well so I am in awe of your laps - fantastic effort.

By Blogger Lesley, at 10:29 pm  

go for it the running is good, ive been trying to run a little i try to run for about 30 - 45 sec and then walk for a min and then run again i do this about 4 - 5 times. i havent pushed my self yet to see how far i can actually run, i dont want to pass out and have a heart attack - hehehe
have a good day

By Blogger Baby Bump Wanted, at 6:46 am  

Way to go Kathryn. Jogging never came easy for me. I didn't actually start doing any running until about 12 years ago and I started off really slowly.

Keep it up, you're doing great!

By Blogger Jaykay, at 8:44 pm  

 

stats:

current weight:
76.6 kg

start weight:
110.1 kg

total loss:
33.5 kg

goal weight:
70 kgs

 

measurements:

boobs: 100 cm

waist: 81 cm

hips: 109 cm

thighs: 50 cm

 

Weekly Goal Lifestyle Changing Challenge-A-Rama

Week 1 - Drink more water

Week 2 - Cut out sugary treats

*

my writing blog

previous:

Stuff

Things I'd like to see...

Gain Again

Today

Today is Blah Day

Wish Pants

Food

Fun Run

Things

Weigh In

archives