iDiet

[a weight loss story]

*kathrynoh at nemesis dot com dot au*

::12.12.05::

Running

I'm feeling a bit better today. This morning I thought I'd go for a run before it got too hot but it was already quite warm by the time I got out there. I only managed 10 minutes running time in total out of an hour of walking.

I've been thinking that I want to run 5k by the end of next year. When I first thought that, I didn't believe I could do it but then I thought that if I'd said I was going to lose almost 30 kgs this year at the beginning of the year I've of not believed I could do that either. So I'm going to try.

One thing that bothers me, even after the teeny efforts I've been doing lately, is that eventually if think I'm going to have decide between running and smoking. This morning, I could really feel it in my lungs.

I know that it would be mightly good for my health to quit smoking but I deep inside I really don't want to. It's a lot like losing weight really - you can know you have to do it and make half-arsed efforts but until that thing clicks over in your head, you can't do it. Maybe the time will come but, at the moment, I will just try to cut back especially just before and after exercise.

This afternoon I'm doing volunteer work at PBS then spin class. I think I'll pack my bathers so I can finish off with a swim.

Without wanting to sound holier-than-thou I think it would be great if you gave up smoking. It would make an incredible difference to your fitness, I think. Try to cut back and see how you go. It's definitely the best thing you can do for your health, but it's up to you.

BTW I taped Gilmore Girls on Saturday!

By Blogger philippa_moore, at 11:01 am  

If you don't want to, you are only going to feel like it is being forced on you and doing it anyway. And that is hopeless. It would help with the running though. Once you cough out all the crap in your lungs LOL.

Have a great Christmas. See you next year.

By Blogger Margaret, at 11:42 am  

I agree with Philippa about giving up improving your fitness but that being said I do understand how hard it could be to do, and you will know when you're ready to.

I've heard somewhere that it takes 7yrs for your lungs to regenerate completely from smoking and but healthy again?

The swim sounds like a refreshing end to the day!! Gawd how I would love to swim now... I never thought being down this south would be so hot BLAGRH.

I wanted to ask how spinning class is? I've heard it thrown around blogs for a while now and I'm always so curious about it.

Enjoy your day!

By Blogger Dee, at 11:51 am  

Giving up smoking can actually help with weight loss eventually (it cuts down on the orality that fuels both the habit of smoking and overeating).

By the way, I wanted to let you know that I deleted my blog, so you might want to remove Weighing On Your Mind from your links page. But I'll still be dropping by here from time to time. :)

By Blogger not specified, at 3:47 pm  

Kathryn 10 minutes running is better than no running in my book!!

It's a pity you don't live on this side of town as I'd be more than happy to run/walk with you.

Smoking...hmmm - you've got to really want to quit before you try.

By Blogger Jaykay, at 5:09 pm  

Hello!

Yes I did get your email about the tan - sorry I didn't reply - I meant to!

We will have to go running in the new year, I have pretty much written off all social/fun run activities until after new year - as things are still crazy here in pre christmas/hospital land.

I generally agree with the smoking consensus - but you have to be ready, and to put it bluntly, you don't want to lose all this weight get healthy and then die of lung cancer. I only say that because that was one of the reasons I started to lose weight, I beat cancer then die of coronary failure - for me it put it into perspective.

Do you do spin at that gym you told me about?

By Blogger Lucinda, at 5:13 pm  

 

stats:

current weight:
76.6 kg

start weight:
110.1 kg

total loss:
33.5 kg

goal weight:
70 kgs

 

measurements:

boobs: 100 cm

waist: 81 cm

hips: 109 cm

thighs: 50 cm

 

Weekly Goal Lifestyle Changing Challenge-A-Rama

Week 1 - Drink more water

Week 2 - Cut out sugary treats

*

my writing blog

previous:

Hermit Inertia

Weigh In Day

After my last post, I wanted to clarify that my fr...

Envy

Hippos

Non-Scale Achievements

Stuff

Things I'd like to see...

Gain Again

Today

archives