iDiet

[a weight loss story]

*kathrynoh at nemesis dot com dot au*

::27.12.05::

Does the day after Boxing Day have a name?

Because my (new) gym is on holiday timetable, the only class on offer today was Body Balance. When I'm paying as a casual member, I tend to go for the most bang for buck cardio classes but since I'm paying a flat fee now, I decided I'd give it a whirl.

For those who don't know (like me this morning), Body Balance is a combination of tai chi, yoga, pilates and meditation. Easy peasy lemon squeezy, you'd think. But you'd be wrong. Man, some of those moves are tough - a couple of the newbies walked out before the class ended. I'd really recommend it though - I've been in the best mood ever since.

So I walked into the city (5.5 km) then did the class then half hour of cardio - yes, I am a machine. I really wanted to do the cardio before the class but I mistimed it. I had planned to go to see Narnia afterwards but didn't have time for that so headed to Borders and persued the new Slimming magazine and some other books.

Does anyone else read Slimming? What do you think of the change of focus? This month's issue had a 'Lose 5kgs in 2 weeks swimsuit diet' - a bit of a change from their usual healthy weight loss emphasis in the past. I think that's why I flick through it in Borders instead of forking out the cash now.

After that, I got caught up in the post-Christmas sales frenzy. Well I tried to - damn clothing manufacturers - they know I'm losing weight, I swear to god. Once you could never find a thing in the shops over an 18. Today every shop I went to had either size 10s or size 20s and nothing in between. I'd have liked some 3/4 jeans but no dice.

I did get finally get a body scrub - Sugar Plum. It smells so purty and it was reduced. Woohoo. I went into the Nike shop to try on shoes so I could I knew my size to buy them at a much cheaper price on ebay. I've never been in Nike before because I have ethical concerns about the way they treat their sweat shop labour although I'm never sure if Nike are any worse than other companies or if they are just targetted because they are the biggest. I do know a few years ago they paid more money to Michael Jordon than their entire workforce in SE Asia and that just isn't right. But, on the other hand, they are the only company that has the kind of shoes I want. Dilemma, dilemma. It was bedlam in there anyway so I left.

On the way home I called into a shop on Smith Street and found a Bond's yoga wrap top. I so wanted one of these when they first came out but they only went up to a size 16. Now they are discontinued and cheap and I'm a 16 so woohoo!

I think I need to take some time out of my busy schedule to laze in the backyard and work on my tan.

Wow!! You are a machine.
That is just soooo darn cool about the wrap top thingy! How cool does it feel to say that the clothes didn't fit because they were too big?? That kicks arse. you go girl.

By Blogger Ang, at 6:47 pm  

 

stats:

current weight:
76.6 kg

start weight:
110.1 kg

total loss:
33.5 kg

goal weight:
70 kgs

 

measurements:

boobs: 100 cm

waist: 81 cm

hips: 109 cm

thighs: 50 cm

 

Weekly Goal Lifestyle Changing Challenge-A-Rama

Week 1 - Drink more water

Week 2 - Cut out sugary treats

*

my writing blog

previous:

Christmas and other things

Gym

Christmas Bootcamp

Blood

Walking

Weekend

Sick and Tired

Weigh In

I am a legend!

Hairy

archives