iDiet

[a weight loss story]

*kathrynoh at nemesis dot com dot au*

::23.12.05::

Gym

Since I started with this whole weight loss thing, I have not joined a gym. I've said before, I'm a gym slut doing casual classes at several different gyms. Over the past few months, I've also been using guest passes at Fitness First to do some freebie classes there. So today I did something I'm not sure if I've done the right thing: I joined up for a one year Fitness First membership.

Since I signed on the dotted line (well it was more like a shaded box really) I've been screaming inside. I am such a commitment-phobe. I can't even buy a weekly train ticket. And now I'm a gym member. Damn it, people make decisions to join nunneries with less angst than this.

I thought I'd write down some of the reasons for joining to reassure myself:
  1. Boxing. I've been to a few boxing classes and the ones at FF are the best by far. I love these classes prolly more than any other class I've done. And one of the instructors is great. I have a wee crush on him.
  2. They have lots of gyms so it doesn't matter where I'm working or if I move, I'll be close to one.
  3. They have lovely clean showers. When you live in a share house, you appreciate that. The Melbourne Central gym also has an aromotherapy zone and monsoon showers and other lush stuff.
  4. The FF gyms are really nice gyms and since I spend a lot of time at the gym, I deserve to go somewhere nice.
  5. It isn't going to cost any more than I pay for casual visits and I can go as many times as I like.
  6. I can do pilates on a reformer bed.
  7. I can hang out in the cafe area reading fitness mags for free.

The cons of it are the expense and the commitment - arrrgh! And, I think, at the back of my mind is the thought that I don't deserve this. Fitness First is a pretty fancy gym compared to what I'm used to and part of me is saying - what is someone like me doing in a fancy gym? But you know something - I do deserve it. I spend at least 5-10 hours a week at the gym and I want to spend that somewhere nice. If worse comes to worst financially, I'll just quit smoking to pay for it.

In other news, weigh in today was arse. I am now 82.6 kilograms. That is a 1.5 kilogram gain. I reject what the scales tell me. It's not true. Screw them. But if it's true, which I'm not saying it is, I don't think I can lose 2.5 kgs before the end of the year. Aint gonna stop me trying though.


If you spend that much time at the gym you deserve to be somewhere nice, as long as it's not one of those pretentious places! Don't worry about your gain, maybe it's fluid and maybe it's time to give your scales a big kick! I haven't been on my scales in a week - i'm too scared.
Hope you had a great day yesterday.
Bri

By Blogger Briony, at 5:10 pm  

 

stats:

current weight:
76.6 kg

start weight:
110.1 kg

total loss:
33.5 kg

goal weight:
70 kgs

 

measurements:

boobs: 100 cm

waist: 81 cm

hips: 109 cm

thighs: 50 cm

 

Weekly Goal Lifestyle Changing Challenge-A-Rama

Week 1 - Drink more water

Week 2 - Cut out sugary treats

*

my writing blog

previous:

Christmas Bootcamp

Blood

Walking

Weekend

Sick and Tired

Weigh In

I am a legend!

Hairy

Fun Run

Quick Question

archives