iDiet

[a weight loss story]

*kathrynoh at nemesis dot com dot au*

::2.1.06::

Shocks and Rewards

On the 9th November 1999, I went to my second and last Weight Watchers meeting. I forgot to that card thingo that they write your weight on, so they wrote it on the back of my week 2 book. When I was hunting through my drawers the other day, I found it. I'd lost 2.7 kgs that week and was down to 123.4 kg. That meant that I had been over 126 kgs when I joined. OMG. And you know, I don't even think that was my heaviest weight. I just avoided scales for a long time. It really was a shock finding that.

And, while I'm talking about finding things, I rediscovered the name of a photography place I wanted to go to a while back. I really like the idea of those glamour photos where you get all the styling and gussying up before you have your picture taken but, let's face it, a lot of them make you look like a hooker. A year ago I was at an expo and got a flyer for Alise Black Photography. The photos they had on display were fantastic and the whole idea sounded fun. I even when so far as to make an appointment but my life was in turmoil so I postponed it then lost the details. Now I've found them again and I figure it will be a fantastic reward for getting to goal. You have three separate shoots with different looks and I'd love one to be like a 1920s style photo.

The other reward I want is this dress. I figure that will be my reward for being able to fit into and look good in that dress.

So far the year is off to a bad start - after drinking too much NYE, I didn't get up until after 1 yesterday and didn't have any food in the house. I didn't have the strength to go to the supermarket for many hours and when I did, I just kept eating. I think my downfall was buying a 6 pack of bread rolls. I ate 4 of the buggers before I got strong and chucked them in the freezer. Oh well, it's back to the gym today. I checked my maintenance calories yesterday, cos I thought they were around 2,200 but no. More like 1800. I have to remember that.

Seeing a weight that is foreign to you as a weight you were, must be a really strange experience. Thankfully it is trumped by the feeling of having come so far and knowing that you will NEVER be going back.

Oooooh, I lurve the dress! It also looks like a shape that will be flattering to different body types. Is it one they have all the time or are you going to take a punt on an at goal size and have it altered?

By Blogger CaramelKitKat, at 10:24 am  

Nice dress, and the photographer looks great too. It must have been a real eye opener finding that booklet with your weight on it. You've come so far since then. Well done. Don't worry about the bread rolls i'm sure you'll walk them off today.
Bri

By Blogger Briony, at 10:46 am  

just think how far you've come since 1999....
how amazing is that...
i love how our minds work... constant denial.... i was never that fat!!!
it's amazing just how easy it is to believe yourself if you say it enough....

wow what a year you've had... and you muddleded your way through it...

and here i am whinging about my problems.... you must think i'm crazy or something...

how nice is that dress!!! it'll look great on you too!

as for the laptop that you want... harvey normans got a good one for $999 at the moment and you get a $200 cashback with it.... which makes it $799.... and what better you can get it for 24 months interest free... making it $33 a week and it's yours

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:25 am  

Well done on your achievements so far. That is a really beautiful dress!

By Blogger Suzy, at 12:07 pm  

wow the dress is hawt, I so know what you mean about the glamour shoots and how they make you look but the one you put up is beautiful I love the art shots.

You've come such a long way Hun with your weight, you should be incredible proud of how much you've achieved, last year, the year before the and the one starting before you will only add to it.

By Blogger Dee, at 2:51 pm  

woohoo!!!! how amazing do you feel knowing you have lost all that weight (you are a true inspiration) I feel so proud...you deserve to spoil yourself, go get the dress and those pics and flaunt the new fantastic you!

By Blogger laura, at 3:17 pm  

we did have similar years huh - Huggles to all that is in the past may it stay in the past!!!

By Blogger Jadey, at 3:33 pm  

I got really very lucky this morning. I got on the scales and it said 54 kilos. Then I got on again and it said "error". As if I did not know...lol
And the third time it said nothing. Yep, batteries died before they reveiled the holiday gain expansion. The shops are closed today (always are on Jan 2 for inventory, so I will get it tomorrow afternoon and will weigh in on Wednesday...hehe

The dress is a killer!

And I had no idea you have lost sooooooo much weight, I thought your starting weight was 110!!!!

More of a star than I thought!!!

By Blogger Argy, at 7:15 pm  

wow - you certainly have come a looong way since 1999!!! happy new year!!

By Blogger Kt, at 8:35 pm  

that dress is gorgeous! and wow! you have come a long way...way to go!
Have a great week!

By Blogger Tina, at 9:17 pm  

 

stats:

current weight:
76.6 kg

start weight:
110.1 kg

total loss:
33.5 kg

goal weight:
70 kgs

 

measurements:

boobs: 100 cm

waist: 81 cm

hips: 109 cm

thighs: 50 cm

 

Weekly Goal Lifestyle Changing Challenge-A-Rama

Week 1 - Drink more water

Week 2 - Cut out sugary treats

*

my writing blog

previous:

Happy New Year!

2006 Life Makeover

Happy New Years!

OMG!

Weigh In

Hot

Bits

Bums

Does the day after Boxing Day have a name?

Christmas and other things

archives