iDiet

[a weight loss story]

*kathrynoh at nemesis dot com dot au*

::31.12.05::

OMG!

I can't believe this - it is so frigging weird. I did my weight and measurements this morning so I have a year end total and when I got on the scale it said - 80.2 - I got on three times just to be sure my sleep-befuddled eyes weren't playing tricks on me and it's true. The only explanation I can think of it is that was such a scorcher yesterday and I drank truckloads of water then I went out last night and stuck to water, loads more of it.

If I can work out how I did it, I can market that and be like the richest woman in the world!

So measurements:

10/2 31/12 change

waist 122 80 42
hip 104 112 28
boobs 127 105 22
thighs 50 50 0
arm 36 29 30
weight 110.1 80.2 29.9

Wow. I'm happy with that. I'm especially glad to get my waist measurement down to 80 cm because that helps with the diabetes. And I'm not surprised at the no change in my thigh measurement because I've always been like one of those kid's drawings - you know when they progress from stick men to the people with the circle middle and stick arms and legs. Plus the thighs are less fat and more muscle now.

So tonight I'm going to drink and dance and have a good time and not get back on those scales for a week cos I'm sure the numbers will be up again tomorrow. And by the way, I'm rounding it to a 30 kg loss cos what's 100 grams between friends.

On a completely different subject, yesterday when I was at the gym I asked the receptionist about their starter packs. In the book I got when I started, it said you got a pack with a sweat towel and I'd seen many people with the nifty little sweat towels around the gym. I didn't get any pack when I joined up. So she said she'd find one for me and to collect it on my way out.

So on the way out I reminder her and she grabbed me one. I was expecting a plastic bag with some crap in it but it was a really cool backpack. I've been meaning to buy a backpack for my gym gear for a while so score! Inside was a cap, some headphones, a drink bottle and a pen cap - I'm perplexed about the pen cap - but no sweat towel.

The session with the PT went well but, to be honest, he pushed me not nearly as hard as I push myself. He also told me that going to the gym every day is too much. That got me worried but I figure that's the way I do things. If I have a day off, it leads to two days off then three.... I spoke to a friend last night and he said doing cardio every day should be fine. He also said that Olympic athletes train twice a day so if it's good enough for them, it's good enough for me. I figure too that I vary my workouts enough. Plus too, the gym is air conditioned and my house isn't.

lordy! those are some amazing stats..

and i say pooh to the PT. you know your body! if you feel you can go every day, do it... the human body was made for movin', after all. i doubt the caveman ever said, whoa, can't hunt mammoth today, i've already done 3 x 30 minutes this week :)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:40 am  

Well done - 30 kilos gone forever. You are such an inspiration. Happy New Year! Thanks for your support this year. I look forward to sharing our journies together next year!
All the best for 2006,
Bri

By Blogger Briony, at 10:50 am  

AWESOME weigh in!! and the inches and weight loss overall is just soo fantastic Hun - I'm cheering you on here! You've done such a great job.

Best advice I ever got about "exercising too much" is that professional athletes train so much a day (like your friend said) and if you can do it without hurting yourself but pushing yourself then it's fine. I think people underestimate themselves and their body too much.

Only you can know what you're capable of and if you (and the results show) think you can - I say just do what makes you happy!

Happy New Year ;D

By Blogger Dee, at 11:11 am  

Hi Kathryn,
Congrats on your weight loss so far...that is awesome!! I just wanted to wish you a ver Happy NEw Year and I look forward to getting skinny with you in 2006!!!

By Blogger Tina, at 12:55 pm  

wow love your stats... can i steal them....

wooooohooo on the backpack... maybe that pen cap is really an i owe you... a towel!!!!! ;o)

not really sure on the whole PT thingy... i had one for awhile but he left and i never got a new one...

have a fantastic night!!!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:16 pm  

WOOHOO WOOHOOO
Isn't that exciting! Next weeks weigh in wil probably be 7?

You may need a new PT - It can be hard to find someone you click with.

By Blogger Jadey, at 3:50 pm  

Wow! you have done so well this year baby! I am impressed and a half! I cannot believe how well you have gone and you are ending the year so close to the 70s its not funny! Bizarre that your thighs stayed the same - I wish I had your problem of stick figure legs : )

Happy New Year!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:33 pm  

I dunno why I was certain there would be a smaller number today! Sooooooooo well done kathryn!!

Needless to say I wish I had skinny thighs and legs...lol

And you are going to learn to surf! that's brilliant!

I want to learn to run...I have been having images of me in my head recently of me running and running and running...

january 7 starts the couch to 5 for this girl :)

have the best New Year's eve you can have and a bright, healthy and smiley 2006!

We will keep on sharing and we will keep on achieving!

With love,

me :)

By Blogger Argy, at 6:09 pm  

 

stats:

current weight:
76.6 kg

start weight:
110.1 kg

total loss:
33.5 kg

goal weight:
70 kgs

 

measurements:

boobs: 100 cm

waist: 81 cm

hips: 109 cm

thighs: 50 cm

 

Weekly Goal Lifestyle Changing Challenge-A-Rama

Week 1 - Drink more water

Week 2 - Cut out sugary treats

*

my writing blog

previous:

Weigh In

Hot

Bits

Bums

Does the day after Boxing Day have a name?

Christmas and other things

Gym

Christmas Bootcamp

Blood

Walking

archives