iDiet

[a weight loss story]

*kathrynoh at nemesis dot com dot au*

::4.1.06::

Stuff

Just to answer a few questions - the picture above was from a zine I made full of stories of my internet dating experiences. I guess it's me sending my fragile heart out into the world *sigh*. Narnia was good but not great. I thought the special effects weren't so good - half the time the animals looked like stuffed toys and it was a bit modernised in places. Also they seemed to copy a lot of the look and feel of Lord of the Rings which annoyed me. I guess I'm a harsh critic - the Narnia books were my absolute faves when I was a kid.

Speaking of the movies, I want to rant about a couple of things. Firstly, before the movie they had ads for Narnia happy meals. That is wrong. So wrong. I felt like they were desecrating my childhood. You can have your Lord of the Rings happy meals and your Harry Potter happy meals but not Narnia. Damn Maccas. I hate all this cashing in.

The other thing is people taking kids to the movies. I know it's a movie aimed at kids but seriously why do people take babies? I get so mad when I go to the cinema and someone's baby starts crying halfway through the film. We purposely went to the latest screening so there would be no kids there becaue it bugs me so much. I've been to films with kids running up and down the aisles and the parents doing nothing to stop them. When Andrew was young, I'd have never dreamed of taking him to the movies until he was old enough to sit though a movie without getting bored. They have those mums and bubs sessions at the movies so maybe they should have over 12 yo sessions or something like. I know I'd be more tempted to go.

Okay, enough ranting. Now a woohoo - I've been wanting a good sports bra for ages but have been wary of buying one while I'm not working but walking through Myer today I saw a big sign saying the Berlei Ultrasports Bra was reduced to $29. That was definitely a sign - a sign from the fates or the gods or whatever, I mean... not just a sign on the wall. So I got myself one! The sad news is that I had to go down a cup size. Sob - I'm now a C cup. For years, all I had in my favour were my boobs and my neat ankles.

If you live in Melbourne, go check out the stuff the lovely Jadey has posted on Absolutely Flabulous about the Run for the Kids. Sounds like a lot of fun and the money's going to a good cause. I initially thought about doing the 4.5 km run but the 14.7 km course looks challengingly tempting and you get to run over the Boite bridge.

I'm pretty keen to see Narnia, well I "WAS"!! LOL. I haven't taken my son to the movies (he's 18 months old now) but if I did, I would go to the mums and bubs session, I hate kids at the movies too. Well done on the score with the sports bras. I need new bras too but i'm waiting a little while til I lose some more weight.
Bri

By Blogger Briony, at 4:57 pm  

Looks like we can meet up after the race then chicka!! I wonder how many other bloggers we can drag into the race!

By Blogger Jadey, at 7:27 pm  

The mums and bubs are great so I'm not sure why people dont take advantage of these sessions. I'm off to a morning session with 3yo to see Chicken Little tomorrow so that should be a hoot.
Good luck with your interview tomorrow and sorry to hear about your cup size...

By Blogger Cinders, at 9:56 pm  

 

stats:

current weight:
76.6 kg

start weight:
110.1 kg

total loss:
33.5 kg

goal weight:
70 kgs

 

measurements:

boobs: 100 cm

waist: 81 cm

hips: 109 cm

thighs: 50 cm

 

Weekly Goal Lifestyle Changing Challenge-A-Rama

Week 1 - Drink more water

Week 2 - Cut out sugary treats

*

my writing blog

previous:

Love

Today

Changes

Shocks and Rewards

Happy New Year!

2006 Life Makeover

Happy New Years!

OMG!

Weigh In

Hot

archives