iDiet

[a weight loss story]

*kathrynoh at nemesis dot com dot au*

::3.1.06::

Today

I've been reading everyone's new year's resolutions. Man, I think we should name 2006 - The Year of the Runner. Seems everyone has some kind of running plan in their resolutions. By the end of the year there'll be no more weight loss blogs cos we'll all be at goal and we'll have running blogs instead. Yah! Go us!

It would be totally cool to put together some kind of challenge and see how far we run in total this year.

I track my eating using the Diet Club site (it's actually called Calorie King now) and they way they do it is you put in your eating calories and your exercise calories then get a net calorie total (food less exercise) - normally I don't look at my net calories because otherwise I'm tempted to exercise like a fiend then eat like a fiend - I aim for a total of 1500 food calories and 500 exercise calories - but yesterday I wanted to keep things low because I'd eaten so much the day before and my net calories for the day were less than zero. Not a good thing to do everyday but handy for damage control.

I'm so tired this morning - I could hear a weird noise last night like some kind of feral animal had gotten under the house and was gnawing on something. It was freaky and I had to leave the light on in case it gnawed through my floorboards and came for me. You know that having the light repels all manner of beasts.

I'm going to see Chronicles of Narnia with Andrew tonight and was thinking of making popcorn at home to take with me. The only problem is that he doesn't know I have his popcorn maker and if I turn up with it, he'll want the popcorn maker back.

Since I moved into this house, I've been too scared to even open the oven door figuring it will be a grossly disgusting mess. I've avoided cooking anything that required using an oven (I have a little toaster oven but it is too small for most ovenware). So yesterday I was in the kitchen and talking to one of my housemates about the state of the stove. I decided to brave a look inside the oven, preparing for a scene of horror. Instead, the oven is immaculate - cleaner than the oven in any other house I've ever moved into. I don't think it's even been used. Woohoo! I can make Phil's scrummy meatloaf recipe now. And some low fat muffins and other oven requiring things.

Oh but there is one teeny problem. The oven is the same as the one in my old house and I had a simple yet effective way of lighting it - I'd bribe Andrew to do it for me. Confession time - I am really scared of lighting gas - the stove is bad enough without trying to light an oven. I wonder how much I'll have to bribe Andrew now.

oh shite! don't blame you for being scared of the oven. i had one of those when i lived in canberra and always got my sis to do it. hehe.

year of the runner indeed. it is kinda weird to think if we all do what we say we're gonna do, we'll be well and truly skinny by this time next year. WHAT THEN? will we all break up? will maintenance blogs be the new fat blogs? hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:00 am  

i am also a gas oven phobe. something to do with the flames dancing about at the back of the oven. good luck with your 2006 goals. :)

By Blogger Cinders, at 10:39 am  

Tell him you made the popcorn in the microwave and make lighting the oven like a big girl a goal for this year ;op

By Blogger CaramelKitKat, at 11:14 am  

DAMN I'm glad I don't have to light the oven - gawd (like you) I have a hard enough time lighting the stove - it doesn't help the first time I did it I was spraying (duh right) sprayoil in the pan and like a burst of flames shot across the air LOL. Nothing was burn tho THANK GOD.

Year of the Runner - nice. And I love how you said we won't have any weight loss blogs by this year - how true is that!

By Blogger Dee, at 12:08 pm  

You need a really really long lighter, like those BBQ ones, that makes it not quite so scarey, but i'm the same as you, I hate lighting gas ovens. At least you know you're not alone!!
Bri

By Blogger Briony, at 12:39 pm  

i love purple and blue too!!!!

hahahaha the gas oven, never had one... thankfully and hopefully never will.... can you throw in a flame and run!!!!! lol

running... i'm going to start running too...

love the idea of some soot of challend... will have to try brainstorm and think up one!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:11 pm  

Hrm - I hate lighting Gas ovens too - doesn't it have a knob on it that gives the spark??

By Blogger Jadey, at 2:50 pm  

Love the new look!

Good luck with the oven. I have to try Philippa's meatloaf. I love meatloaf :o) Hope it turns out yummy!

By Blogger Unknown, at 5:09 pm  

oooooooo I was petrified with such an oven when I was living in brussels. I had no experience with gas, greece had no gas stoves at the moment. What really solved my problem was these very tall matches they use to built a fire in fireplaces.

I like the new look. The drawing in particular!

By Blogger Argy, at 5:49 pm  

Good luck with the oven...I don't like gas ovens! I've been hearing some great reviews about Narnia....gonna go see it with the kids soon. Have a great week!

By Blogger Tina, at 7:52 pm  

Those health muffins and other recipes will have you lighting the oven in no time. If there is no spark button that lights it automatically then: Tie your hair back as a precaution if you want to be ultra careful, take out a tray if it gives you extra room, have one of those long taper candle lighters, or better a red torch (they cost about $15 or something but mine has lasted for about 10 years). Many years ago i used a scrounched up firm, approx 8 inch piece of paper that burns slowly.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:30 pm  

Oooh, I am scared as hell of gas ovens too! I can handle stovetops but not the big mothers. We have to make sure we have a gas top and electric oven when house hunting! Narnia is beautiful...

By Blogger Mary, at 8:25 pm  

 

stats:

current weight:
76.6 kg

start weight:
110.1 kg

total loss:
33.5 kg

goal weight:
70 kgs

 

measurements:

boobs: 100 cm

waist: 81 cm

hips: 109 cm

thighs: 50 cm

 

Weekly Goal Lifestyle Changing Challenge-A-Rama

Week 1 - Drink more water

Week 2 - Cut out sugary treats

*

my writing blog

previous:

Changes

Shocks and Rewards

Happy New Year!

2006 Life Makeover

Happy New Years!

OMG!

Weigh In

Hot

Bits

Bums

archives