iDiet

[a weight loss story]

*kathrynoh at nemesis dot com dot au*

::10.2.06::

A Kinda, Sorta Anniversary

I thought today was my anniversary - one year of weight loss - but looking back over my archives, I'm not sure. I had some mix ups between my old scales and the new ones near the start and weird shennanigans like that, but since 10 Feb 2005 was the date on which I recorded my starting stuff in my Slimmers Magazine diary, I'm taking it from that date.

So in the past 12 months I've lost:

  • 32.9 kilograms
  • 7 cm from my upper arms
  • 40 cm from my waist
  • 30cm from my hips
  • 22 cm from my boobs

I've also gone from no exercise to working out everyday. I can run. I can make it through a whole Spin class. I can walk forever and think nothing of a 5 km stroll into the city. I'm the one saying - it's not far, let's walk it - rather than - is it any further?

I can shop in regular size stores for the first time in my life. My main clothes problem now is that everything is too big. I can buy what I want because I like it not because that's all that fits or it's the only thing that covers the bulges. I don't have to buy stretch fabrics or elastic waists cos that's the only thing that fits even in the biggest size.

My blood sugar levels and cholestrol is back to normal. I no longer get irritating side effects from diabetes ie. the regular reoccuring thrust I used to get (sorry if that's tmi, but it's worth losing the weight for that along, trust me). I don't have that constant feeling of weariness.

I know that I can do this. Recently I read back over my archives and it's amazing to have a record of this past year. Just to know that I've binged and made mistakes and slackened off or had setbacks in the past but bounced back each time is so reassuring. I can trust that even if I have bad days in the future, they don't signify the start of the end. A bad day is just a bad day, nothing more. The other days can and will be good ones. I can keep this going no matter what other shit life throws at me because in the end I know this is what I want.

Plus in the past year I've found all the support and kindness online - you guys rock ... but you know that already.

So, what's ahead? I think I need to focus on finding balance. I enroled in my writing course today and that is going to take up two nights a week. Hopefully soon I'll be working more constantly too. That means working exercise around those things and getting super organised. I'm good at going gungho on things - full on exercise or full on writing or whatever - and ignoring everything else but that isn't the ideal way. I need to have a bit of everything going on. Balance is the key.


holy crap what amazing statistics... it is incredible how far you have come, and it's been great reading all about these changes. good on ya!

(btw, how quick did that year go!?!)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:30 pm  

Bloody hell Kathryn! You have done some job! I'm impressed and inspired by you.

Love reading about your ups and downs (and am delighted that most of them are ups in attitooode and downs in weight lost).

Rock on!

By Blogger Lainey, at 11:05 pm  

wow...u have come so far, and u did, and I see yet again another loss (go u) if u can achieve so much in a year...just image what u can do with this one thats here...have a good weekend

By Blogger laura, at 12:32 am  

Who cares about the exact date with *those* accomplishments!

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!

*clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap*

By Blogger Zara, at 4:29 am  

Happy anniversary! Well done on everything you've achieved.

(bizarre - the word verification I have to type to post this is my initials followed by the word run. Is blogger trying to tell me something?!)

By Blogger YP, at 7:11 am  

I actually read over your archives a few weeks ago. I wanted to see if you, a successful loser, had problems early on like I am having. The exact same thing struck me, you just kept bouncing back. I had a giggle when you were excited about losing 5kg - I wonder what that you would have said at the time had they known you were going to be 30+kg lighter by this time??

By Blogger CaramelKitKat, at 7:54 am  

One word.

Wow.

Ok so that was three. Her is another 2.... happy anniversary!

By Blogger The Candid Bandit, at 10:35 am  

You are amazing. You have come so far physically and mentally. I am so totally inspired by you. Thank you for letting us share your journey. Happy Anniversary!
Bri

By Blogger Briony, at 4:03 pm  

Kathryn what an amazing year you've had.

Congratulations!

By Blogger Jaykay, at 5:29 pm  

What an absolutely fantastic year you've had - health, weight, fitness, the lot. You should be very proud of yourself. And I'm sure balance will come.

By Blogger Sue, at 6:27 pm  

My god!!!! It is always soooooo impressive to see the things written down like this!!!!

You know, all this year I been reading, every post I read, it still amazes me. The turn you took and the dedication and amazing results are indeed trully spectacular!!!

I really bow in front of your achievement Kathryn!

By Blogger Argy, at 7:11 pm  

what fantastic stats. well done Kathryn - you work so hard so u deserve it.

By Blogger Cinders, at 7:40 pm  

Hello, I am from calorieking, Can you please contact me epineh to let me know how you are going with the valentine swap Thanks heaps

By Blogger Natalie, at 12:02 am  

A time to comment on the inspiration that you are to me. Many blogs inspire and drive me, yours is one of the top 3! You really know how to write in a way that holds the attention. I think that you have come so far in a year that you should be patting yourself on the back.

Not only have you lost weight but you have confronted plenty of issues that you have had in your inner turmoil.

You have set up Ab Flab which is an under-utilised tool for great reviews.

You have achieved the ultimate in my book, which is being able to buy clothes at any place you want. For someone like me, with 43.6kg ahead of me till I reach that pinnacle - you keep me grounded and knowing that it is achievable.

For all of these things - I THANK YOU.

By Blogger Jules, at 7:26 am  

I have nearly been doing this for a year too (started 22 Feb last year) and this weekend I have been thinking about the changes in me since last year! Your entry just summed up my thoughts exactly!
You are doing wonderfully and will continue to do so!

Happy Anniversary!

xx

By Blogger Nancy Bou, at 8:13 am  

What an awesome achievement Kathryn and isn't it so funny to see yourself as someone who exercises now? I think it's fantastic!! Balance is definitely the key and I look forward to following you on your journey this year also. You have a great unique perspective on things and I appreciate the issues you choose to discuss in your blog. You're a gem!

By Blogger Mary, at 9:49 am  

Happy Anniversary to you dear Kathryn!

You have done really well - I hope you are feeling a bit better today though.

By Blogger Lucinda, at 9:14 pm  

WOW what an amazing effort for the year. Congratulations on the goals you have achieved, the successes so far, and for the knowledge gained along the way. Knowledge that you have readily imparted which has helped in countless ways.

Happy Anniversay. May this year be as successful as the last.

Cheers
M xx

By Blogger Margaret, at 11:23 pm  

 

stats:

current weight:
76.6 kg

start weight:
110.1 kg

total loss:
33.5 kg

goal weight:
70 kgs

 

measurements:

boobs: 100 cm

waist: 81 cm

hips: 109 cm

thighs: 50 cm

 

Weekly Goal Lifestyle Changing Challenge-A-Rama

Week 1 - Drink more water

Week 2 - Cut out sugary treats

*

my writing blog

previous:

Weigh In - 77.2

Life

Tired

Walk

Stuffed

Makeover Expo

Wish Jeans

Weigh In - 77.6 kg

Tired

Resolutions Revisited

archives