iDiet

[a weight loss story]

*kathrynoh at nemesis dot com dot au*

::6.2.06::

Stuffed

I am buggered tonight - went to the gym after work and got stuck into the running then Body Balance. Body Balance is a great class for stretching and winding down but it doesn't finish until 8.15 so by the time I showered and got changed then caught the tram home, it was late.

Run in the door, grabbed some stuff and threw together a stir fry (making enough for 4 meals) and, while that was cooking, stewed up some plums that are getting a bit old to have on my brekkie. I didn't have any spices to put in them so used some of my chai masala mix (yum, it's good, I'm having some with icecream right now).

So it's 10.30 and I've just got to sit down at the computer... and it's almost time to go to bed so I can get up and do it all again. I've got a feeling this whole week is going to be like this.

Michelle (and anyone else who is interested) - they said it was around $3000 - 5000 for a tummy tuck after medicare and private health insurance rebates. I know you can get some tax rebates if you have medical costs over $1,500 as well - not sure if they had taken that off as well. You also have to maintain your goal weight for quite a while before they will do it. It can mean up to 2 months off work to recover. The people I spoke to work for a female cosmetic surgeon which I think would be more reassuring than going to a man. Middle aged, male doctors are the pits!

If I'm going to spend serious money on my appearance though, my teeth are top priority. After all, people see them!

Oh yeah, I've been a Piggy McPig this weekend (well starting from the middle of last week really). I don't know what my problem is at the moment. I feel a lot less piggy after the gym tonight though and i got my butt into gear and got fruit for work tomorrow so I'm not hanging out for lunch then running to the caf for a muffin like today.

goddamn... i better start saving the big bucks :)

and stewed plums! phwoar... sounds yum. and summery!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:54 am  

Don't cha just love it when you are busy busy but all organised.

Your gym workout sounds like a right corker. Any progress pics planned to show us your fit bod?

By Blogger Lainey, at 4:30 am  

thanks..lot of money isn't it? And no way I could have 2 months off work. But I have had other operations and gone back to work way quicker than told. Just don't lift things etc. Good luck with better eating this week. You are going great with your gym work.

By Blogger michelle, at 8:37 am  

LOL at Piggy McPig, me too! Must be something in the air. I don't need a tummy tuck but could do with a boob reduction, costs about the same I think. Yikes. Have a great week!
Bri

By Blogger Briony, at 11:08 am  

wow you had a bit of a work out there and a late night, i was a piggy all last week
fiona

By Blogger Baby Bump Wanted, at 12:16 pm  

That's actually a lot less than I thought it would be. If I only had one surgery choice it would have to be that, or to get the girls lifted. LOL.

Sounds like a real busy time for you at the moment. Have you had a chance to write at all at the moment? I must get back to your other site to finish reading too. Hope you have a great night :D

By Blogger Margaret, at 3:21 pm  

Hey at least you ran to the caf... haha... extra cal burning ;)

:)A

By Blogger Ang, at 5:23 pm  

stewed plums...mmmm!!! You could add a few drops of cognac essense you know and they would turn yummier!

And what is this site that M goes and read your writting?

I want to read too!!!

By Blogger Argy, at 5:52 pm  

Mmm, the plums w/ chair spices sound delish! I'm into the idea of getting my teeth fixed soon too but I've got to start saving. I hope your week is going well!?

By Blogger Mary, at 8:52 pm  

Maybe not so much time off is needed for sitting at pc jobs. Working in restaurants or cafes or shops can mean carrying things, and a lot of bending or getting laybys off top shelves etc. then again maybe sickness benefits or somethign might be possible. whatever, it is heartening to know these tucks are coming down in price and getting more professional all the time. the yearly food bill could be cheaper at 75kg. Iguess a lot of us are spending what we save in food on the gym or on some health diet treats or extra vegies. But we probably will save a lot of money on having less health problems over the next few years. So the tummy tuck starts to look not so expensive after all. I guess they are also getting really great at doing them by now also.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:14 am  

 

stats:

current weight:
76.6 kg

start weight:
110.1 kg

total loss:
33.5 kg

goal weight:
70 kgs

 

measurements:

boobs: 100 cm

waist: 81 cm

hips: 109 cm

thighs: 50 cm

 

Weekly Goal Lifestyle Changing Challenge-A-Rama

Week 1 - Drink more water

Week 2 - Cut out sugary treats

*

my writing blog

previous:

Makeover Expo

Wish Jeans

Weigh In - 77.6 kg

Tired

Resolutions Revisited

Oh yeah...

Knickers In A Knot

Quiz Time:

Big Day Out

Sunday

archives