iDiet

[a weight loss story]

*kathrynoh at nemesis dot com dot au*

::5.2.06::

Makeover Expo

The Makeover Expo was brilliant. So glad I went. I met up with Jadey and her mum (sorry Jadey, I've forgotten your mum's name) who are both heaps of fun.

First off we went to a seminar on how to dress with style. The woman had some interesting stuff to say, including using Jadey to demonstrate how to draw attention to your boobs! Well maybe it wasn't quite like that.

Then we went around all the exhibitors. It didn't look like a lot but there was heaps to keep us interested and lots of freebies. My favourite giveaway bag was from the dentists - it had a tube of toothpaste, a dental floss business card and a disposable camera!

I found out heaps about dentistry - eg. it's expensive and about tummy tucks - not as expensive as I thought. I also had my nails buffed so they are nice and shiny instead of covered in half-chipped polish like they usually are. We entered about a thousand competitions so the junk email will be coming in heavy for the next few weeks!

We had lunch (and a much needed coffee) then watched the pole dancing demonstration. Later, I had a chat to the pole dancing girls about the hen's night I'm organising. In an amazing synchronisitic moment, just after I left the hen-to-be sent me a text asking if I thought pole dancing would be fun for the hen's night. Freaky.

Got some photos before we left - us with our loot. I still haven't finished my camera but I'll post them eventually.

I love free stuff, even if it is just junk mail!
Glad you had a good time, can't wait to see the photos.
Have a great week.
Bri

By Blogger Briony, at 8:54 pm  

Looks like you had a fantastic day...I'll have to go to it next year. Can't wait to see the photos :)

and great news about the wish jeans!!

By Blogger Lucinda, at 11:05 pm  

Sounds like you had a great day! Oh and I love freebies too! Have a terrific week!

By Blogger Tina, at 7:11 am  

Sounds like a great day. I love freebies too! Pole dancing must be meant to be for the hen's night!

By Blogger Suzy, at 7:28 am  

Expos generally wouldn't be my thing, but this one sounded like fun. Keen to see pics, I bet you're smaller than in the last one!!

By Blogger CaramelKitKat, at 8:33 am  

Sounds like a fantastic day! Love free stuff!

By Blogger philippa_moore, at 8:50 am  

WOW hope they have that expo here. I will be there like a shot. What a fun afternoon. I especially like the opportunity to have an 'expert' help explain how to dress to highlight certain features. Wonder if I could do that for my elbows ;D

By Blogger Margaret, at 12:55 pm  

i so wanted to go to that, but bloody work got in the way...nut so glad that u had a good time, cant wait to see the pics

By Blogger laura, at 1:16 pm  

Glad to hear you had such a good day - will keep an eye out to see if it may come to our side of the world.
Cheers and have a great week !
Me

By Blogger Me, at 2:26 pm  

What a fun day! Really looking forward to seeing the photos too :-)

By Blogger Mary, at 3:07 pm  

sounds like fun,I'm hanging out for the photos
regarding the dentist, i did hear that some people who have the dental insurance just get one crown or something done each year, and so then it is not so expensive. other friends of mine have had to put things on the credit card and resign themselves to paying off slowly. i think we all need to have a few major teeth repairs by a certain point. nobody really told me to expect that so it does come as a bit of a surprise, but i hope the repairs keep the teeth going for a few decades.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:22 pm  

I need to know more about the tummy tucks...were they very expensive?...you never know one might come in handy one day. Glad you had a good day. I have never heard of a makeover expo.

By Blogger michelle, at 4:28 pm  

You know neither Mum or I got that camera either - You are the only one!! Lucky girl!
I had fun it was great - Mum is Lorraine

By Blogger Jadey, at 4:46 pm  

 

stats:

current weight:
76.6 kg

start weight:
110.1 kg

total loss:
33.5 kg

goal weight:
70 kgs

 

measurements:

boobs: 100 cm

waist: 81 cm

hips: 109 cm

thighs: 50 cm

 

Weekly Goal Lifestyle Changing Challenge-A-Rama

Week 1 - Drink more water

Week 2 - Cut out sugary treats

*

my writing blog

previous:

Wish Jeans

Weigh In - 77.6 kg

Tired

Resolutions Revisited

Oh yeah...

Knickers In A Knot

Quiz Time:

Big Day Out

Sunday

Gym Adventures

archives