iDiet

[a weight loss story]

*kathrynoh at nemesis dot com dot au*

::9.2.06::

Life

I wasn't going to go to the gym tonight but figured since I didn't go yesterday, I'd better not skip or I'd start developing bad habits. So I intended doing a light workout, got on the treadmill and warmed up then ran for 11 minutes...had a 4 minute walk break then ran for 25 minutes. Then I did lots of pushups and other arm stuff. Woohoo.

Sometimes you just need to get started.

I'd had to stay back late at work so by the time I left the gym I was the last one there. It was kinda nice, like having my own personal gym, until I was getting changed after my shower. Just think of any horror movie set in a high school (or the entire first season of Buffy). Every time you see someone alone in a locker room you know they are going to end up finding or being a corpse. Luckily, I'm too big to stuff in one of those tiny lockers.

Then I headed to the supermarket to get something for dinner. That old dieting advice about not shopping when you are hungry is bunk. I was starving and all I wanted was protein and salad. I was far too hungry to care about chocolate.

I worked out today why I've been such a piggy lately. You know, it's easy to get wrapped up in the psychology of weight loss and try to analyse all the deep issues that lead you to eat but sometimes the answer is far more simple. See the office I've been temping in is freezing. The air con is set to arctic temperatures. Seriously, today I was so cold, I took my backpack to the bathroom and put on my running tights and singlet under my work clothes. At least I was warm.

Being so cold (plus overtired from this week's running around) means I've been craving carbs like no one's business. I'm back there next week and I'm going to make sure I have a big, thick jumper in my bag even on the hottest days. Plus I'm going to pack my food. When hyperthermia is about to set in and you are in a canteen with the choice of fruit stored in a fridge or a piping hot muffin from the oven, it's damn hard to pick fruit!

Arrggh, without going into too much detail about my financial doings, I found out today the bank is screwing me over and I need to give them $$$. Banks are evil buttmunchers. I'm meeting my sister for breakfast tomorrow and think I'll need to hit her up for loan to tide me over until work picks up. I hate doing that kind of thing so much. Just got to keep remembering she's had no qualms about asking me for loans in the past.

What does it say about me that the first thing I thought was "yeah, but you'd fit in five tiny lockers"...too many slasher movies me thinks.

LOL at your use of the term "buttmuncher"! Have not heard it in yonks but am going to incorporate it into my everyday vocabulary - love it!

Hope the work picks up, toes crossed.

By Blogger CaramelKitKat, at 12:10 am  

Think how many calories the shivering must be burning!

By Blogger Sue, at 3:04 am  

I was thinking the same as Sue. The office in Taiwan where Al is working is absolutely freezing and I had to send over some warm slippers (they can't wear shoes inside) for him. The weather there is freezing at the moment - hard to comprehend when we are talking given how we are sweltering here.
I think my imagination would have been playing the same games had I beed there by myself except I haven't seen any horror / Buffy shows !!!! But I can still imagine !!!
Hope you have a great week and manage to get a loan from your sister.
Take care and have a great weekend.
Me

By Blogger Me, at 2:28 pm  

Try HSBC bank...no fees!!

I'm always cold at work. I even had the heater on today!

But hubby complains even on the hottest days when I get into bed and my feet are freezing cold!

By Blogger Jaykay, at 5:23 pm  

oooh I know what you mean about the cold, and its effect. I keep thinking how much harder this weight loss is going to be when its freezing and raining. (Much like it is at the moment.)
:)

By Blogger Ang, at 7:04 pm  

 

stats:

current weight:
76.6 kg

start weight:
110.1 kg

total loss:
33.5 kg

goal weight:
70 kgs

 

measurements:

boobs: 100 cm

waist: 81 cm

hips: 109 cm

thighs: 50 cm

 

Weekly Goal Lifestyle Changing Challenge-A-Rama

Week 1 - Drink more water

Week 2 - Cut out sugary treats

*

my writing blog

previous:

Tired

Walk

Stuffed

Makeover Expo

Wish Jeans

Weigh In - 77.6 kg

Tired

Resolutions Revisited

Oh yeah...

Knickers In A Knot

archives