iDiet

[a weight loss story]

*kathrynoh at nemesis dot com dot au*

::7.2.06::

Walk

I walked home from work today - I'm not sure how far it was. On the map it is around 10 km if I walked the direct way, but I got to Richmond then walked along the Yarra trail then the Merri Creek trail. Longer but far more scenic.

It's the first time I've been on a long walk in ages - I've been so much more focused on running lately. I like walking, it's not just exercise but mediative as well.

Great to see you mix it around, with your exercise, sounds like you are on a real groove with that.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:18 am  

I walked last night too - definitely better for the soul (and the dog) than running.

By Blogger Sue, at 6:39 am  

Good for you. That is quite a walk.

By Blogger michelle, at 7:43 am  

What a great long walk - you are right, walking is very meditative. **Note to self - get out walking more often than I have been **
Have a great week !
Me

By Blogger Me, at 9:17 am  

I know what you mean about walking being meditative. I find I love listening to the birds, the sun shining on my face, the fresh air, the flowers & trees whistling in the breeze..it makes me realise how beautiful the world is. It is very reflective and inspiring!! always makes me smile going for a good walk on a gorgeous day!! I am grateful to have the experience!!

Also wanted to say a BIG THANK YOU for your lovely supportive comments on my journal :-) sorry I don;t comment much on yours. i dont really comment much on anyones even though I read like 50 zillion blogs a week LOL...maybe thats why, but I want to take the time to start commenting toshare the support with others who are always inspiring me.

By Blogger Angel, at 10:50 am  

Yeah I agress with you on the walking!
Sounds like a fair hike, but thats the beauty of walking, if your in the mood you can go for miles! Or Kms in your case!

By Blogger Ang, at 4:09 pm  

That's a huge walk. And it would have been such a nice walk with that view too. I feel peaceful just thinking about it :D

By Blogger Margaret, at 8:54 pm  

Sounds perfect! The meditative part is why I like walking so much myself. I can really thrash around ideas. Reminds me to buy a dictaphone or take pen/paper with me.

By Blogger Mary, at 6:19 am  

 

stats:

current weight:
76.6 kg

start weight:
110.1 kg

total loss:
33.5 kg

goal weight:
70 kgs

 

measurements:

boobs: 100 cm

waist: 81 cm

hips: 109 cm

thighs: 50 cm

 

Weekly Goal Lifestyle Changing Challenge-A-Rama

Week 1 - Drink more water

Week 2 - Cut out sugary treats

*

my writing blog

previous:

Stuffed

Makeover Expo

Wish Jeans

Weigh In - 77.6 kg

Tired

Resolutions Revisited

Oh yeah...

Knickers In A Knot

Quiz Time:

Big Day Out

archives