iDiet

[a weight loss story]

*kathrynoh at nemesis dot com dot au*

::12.2.06::

Migraine

Thanks for all your lovely comments on my last entry. It's been a great year.

I woke up yesterday feeling off colour. I'd been out with my friend, Sugar Lips, on Friday night and drank a little alcohol - not a lot, just a couple of glasses of wine - so I thought I had a woosy-girlie hangover but it got worse as the day went on. For some reason, whenever I get a migraine, I have this huge denial and think if I put off dealing with it, it will go away. But migraines never do - they are persistent little buggers. I should have seen this one coming. Whenever I have about 3-4 days without enough sleep in a row - bingo! Migraine.

So I slept a lot yesterday. Then I got up and realised I needed food and that maybe a walk would do me good. I ended up going to Piedmontes - a little supermarket in North Fitzroy. But the whole time I had that disjointed feeling. I guess it's hard to describe to someone who doesn't get migraines but, for me anyway, when I have to do stuff like that it's kind of like I can make myself go through the motions but I'm really not there. Shopping is very hard because even the simplest of decisions becomes impossible.

I managed to get some fruit and other things I needed then I noticed their bakery section. They have lots of little cakes and biscuits and things and I felt like a treat. I think I hovered around for ages. To make the decision even harder they have the nutritional info for everything beside it so I wanted to get something nice but not too calorific. I ended up getting this little almond ball thing. Very yummy.

So I came home and spent the rest of the day in bed. I'd planned to go to see Walk the Line but figured there was no way I could sit through it. Maybe I'll go tonight.

I'm still feeling whoozy and blah. Also feeling bad cos this has meant no exercise (apart from the short walk yesterday) all weekend. Maybe I'll attempt something this afternoon but I don't think I'll be pushing myself too hard.

Hope you are feeling better soon babe and don't worry about the exercise. A day off here and there isn't going to mess you around too much. Be good to yourself.

By Blogger Mary, at 9:51 am  

Migraines suck! Luckily I hardly ever get them. Hope you're feeling better.

By Blogger Sue, at 10:20 am  

take care and don't worry about 1 day without exercise. Migarines are a killer and not much you can do except rest. I understand all to well what you mean about that spaced out feeling.

By Blogger michelle, at 12:08 pm  

Hey there, I hope you are feeling much better. I have never had a migrane, touch wood, but it sure doesn't seem all that nice.

Take care
A

By Blogger Ang, at 12:59 pm  

hey hope u are feeling heaps better soon! just reading yesterdays post - congrats on your anniversry & all you have acheived!

By Blogger Kt, at 5:17 pm  

Poor you. I used to suffer badly from migraines so I know what you are talking about. Touch wood I seem to have grown out of them or whatever was the trigger has gone from my life. I hope you are feeling better soon. Happy Anniversary and congratulations on your fantastic achievements. There's some major stuff in those milestones, you should be very proud.

By Blogger Lesley, at 10:44 pm  

Hope u are feeling better. I dont suffer from migraines but can imagine that all u would want to do is keep your eyes closed and sleep.

By Blogger Cinders, at 11:14 pm  

I hope that you are feeling better soon - take care and look after yourself - Michelle is right - not much else to do except rest.
Me

By Blogger Me, at 11:17 pm  

Hope you are feeling better now. Well done on your great choice at the bakery section. Very restrained :D

By Blogger Margaret, at 11:25 pm  

You said the 4-letter "M" word!!! They're funny things, so different for everyone; mine put me in bed for 2 days and with hangover-like symptoms for a further 2, a friend gets them every TOTM but can still function and another vomits then feels fine. The only thing that even goes part of the way to knocking me out is Mersyndol. Hope yours disappears soon.

By Blogger CaramelKitKat, at 11:48 pm  

Hope you are much better. Migraines are so horrible.

By Blogger Suzy, at 7:24 am  

Don't worry about the lack of exercise .. concetrate on getting yourself better! I have never had a migraine so can't even begin to imagine how horrible it must be ...

xx

By Blogger Nancy Bou, at 8:19 am  

 

stats:

current weight:
76.6 kg

start weight:
110.1 kg

total loss:
33.5 kg

goal weight:
70 kgs

 

measurements:

boobs: 100 cm

waist: 81 cm

hips: 109 cm

thighs: 50 cm

 

Weekly Goal Lifestyle Changing Challenge-A-Rama

Week 1 - Drink more water

Week 2 - Cut out sugary treats

*

my writing blog

previous:

A Kinda, Sorta Anniversary

Weigh In - 77.2

Life

Tired

Walk

Stuffed

Makeover Expo

Wish Jeans

Weigh In - 77.6 kg

Tired

archives