iDiet

[a weight loss story]

*kathrynoh at nemesis dot com dot au*

::24.1.06::

Embarassment

On Sunday night I put a rinse through my hair - a coppery red - to perk the colour up a bit. Then yesterday I went to the gym and, as usual, got a towel hire. I hate having to drag a towel along as well as everything else.

So, after half hour or so of walk/run on the treadmill, I was sweating like a pig. I went to do some ab work on the mats and realised my once-white towel was now orange streaked. Yikes! Damn hair dye.

Still I'm sure they have had much worse. I remember one time I was on holidays in Bali with a friend and she dragged me along to the hotel gym. After a heavy workout (by her, not me), the gym towel had more fake tan on it than she did.

Hopefully the colour is set now and won't be dripping off me any more.

***

Sunday is the Big Day Out. My original plan was to get to 75 kg by then but the chances of dropping 4 kilograms by Sunday are pretty remote, unless I get a body part amputated.

I had a spare ticket that I'd bought for my sister and listed it on ebay. No one bid on it for ages then last night it raced up to $97 at the last minute. Woohoo! So I'm going to invest my money (when I get it) on clothes for the day.

When I was growing up, my Mum always had a horror of being "mutton dressed as lamb" - luckily I've not inherited that fear. Far from it. I'd much rather be mutton dressed as lamb than lamb dressed as mutton. I figure with my youthful looks, I can get away with it - and bugger what anyone else thinks if I can't. No way am I dressing like an old lady.

It surprises me sometimes when I find out the age of people I work with - often they are younger than me but dress like they have just given up. They dress for "comfort" - how anyone can be comfortable in dowdy clothes is beyond me. Even my friends in their late 20s dress far more conservatively than I do.

So, for the BDO, I'm thinking of getting some Converse high tops - purple ones if they have them at the outlet shop (no way am I paying retail when the outlet shop is 5 minutes down the street) and teaming them with some bright coloured fishnets. I figure the shoes will be handy for when I want to walk places without wearing big, heavy runners. I'm also wearing my tarty denim skirt and probably a t-shirt. I'd like to wear a singlet top but don't think my arms look good in one. Maybe I'll wear one with my crochet cardi - if it gets too hot, I'm not going to care about the flabbiness of my arms.

I think I mentioned this before but I offered Andrew the spare ticket. He refused it because none of his friends are going and no way would he go with his mum! I punched him because I'm not like other mums - I'm much cooler - but I'm glad he refused in a way. I think going to the Big Day Out together would just be a bit too Gilmore Girls for me.

Now I'm just praying it won't be over 40 on Sunday.

Good on you for going to the BDO on your own. GO THE SINGLET...
lol at the hair dye - very funny.

By Blogger Cinders, at 9:30 am  

You are way too cool to be seen at the BDO with your son. At least this way they won't think he is your toy boy and you will be more likely to pick-up :D

Love the hair dye drama's. I wonder what the gym thought when they saw the towel. Serves them right for having nice fluffy white ones LOL.

Way to go on your date too. I think you are right to have the red flag go up but at least you got a night out and it wasn't a total disaster. I think you are cool and I am going to have a big rethink of my wardrobe now. Think I need a tarty denim skirt :D

By Blogger Margaret, at 9:46 am  

Sounds like a very fun outfit - go you!

By Blogger Denise, at 9:46 am  

Hope you have a great time Kathryn.

I also hope that it's not going to be too hot as I'm running down the Warby Trail on Sunday!

BTW, are you still doing the Australia Day run tomorrow?

By Blogger Jaykay, at 11:04 am  

You are one cool chick, Purple converse? Wow! I love the idea of teaming them with fishnets - what colour though?
LOL I thought you said tartan denim skirt and I was wondering what that was!!
Bri

By Blogger Briony, at 11:17 am  

Obviously we all think we're cooler than other Mums!

By Blogger Sue, at 11:58 am  

You are one cool gal! And yes, I hope and pray that there will be no more 40 degree days after Thursday. I hope you have a great time at BDO!

And LOL at the hair dye!

By Blogger philippa_moore, at 2:09 pm  

GOOD for you in having a tarty skirt.. I don't even have oneā€¦ Well I do but it's that tight it's borderline blarky not tarty.

I can't believe you're going to BDO ~ so have to update us all on it!! How fun, I wish I could go, I've actually never been... where I lived was too far away and now I'm finally somewhere, I'm too broke. Heh one of these days tho!

How's the hair look? I had to have a giggle at orange towels - I do the exact same thing, I swear half the dye runs out in the first day I've done it lol.

Awesome @ having $97 for clothes, always a good thing to get unexpected money ;D I had to laugh so much @ Gilmore girls moment with your son haha you're too cool for that anyway.

Lorelai eat ya heart out.

By Blogger Dee, at 4:00 pm  

Sad to say i have a history of overinvolvement with laundry type jobs in my time, the reason they have white towels is cos you can bleach anything out of them, so they do anticipate fake tan and stuff at gyms.
Being a young single parent over the years may account for my knowledge of boring laundry matters, but it also led to me also occasionally enjoying dressing in fun clothes when going out at times. It helps shake off all the load of responsibility and stuff that you carry on your shoulders all the rest of the time. yep it is great fun to dress up and cut loose.
After not going anywhere for a couple of years with my son, we went out for dinner for our combined birthdays this year. I wish i had a dollar for every person, mainly women who gave me bad scowls cos they thought my son was my too young boyfriend. One of the reasons over the years that i probably just have the ten dollar fun skirt and not the country road outfit, is cos i spent the money on my son. So i found it hurtful over the years when neighbours and strangers would look down on me for what they perceived as me dating a teenager. It made my son uncomfortable for us to even have a meal out together.
But on the other hand i think one can take a great pride in knowing one has bought up one's son to be able to be quite independent and do their own thing early on.
Also Margaret has a point, you are more likely to keep an eye out for a cool guy if you are out without your son.
I have discovered Atkins or slim right, protein whey bars as a handy snack for when out for the day.
Hope you have a lovely time at BDO.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:28 pm  

ROCK OUT SISTER!

I'm so terribly envious that you're off to the BDO. My favourite memory was being squashed in the front row of the Foo Fighters set in Adelaide. Sweet Dave Grphl sweat it was amazing!

I want a total run down of the day.

AND a picture of the outfit!

By Blogger The Candid Bandit, at 12:35 am  

 

stats:

current weight:
76.6 kg

start weight:
110.1 kg

total loss:
33.5 kg

goal weight:
70 kgs

 

measurements:

boobs: 100 cm

waist: 81 cm

hips: 109 cm

thighs: 50 cm

 

Weekly Goal Lifestyle Changing Challenge-A-Rama

Week 1 - Drink more water

Week 2 - Cut out sugary treats

*

my writing blog

previous:

Questions

Dissing on the Date...

More updates...

Updates

Shopping...

Tagged By Dee

Happier

Once Upon A Time...

Beach

Fear

archives