iDiet

[a weight loss story]

*kathrynoh at nemesis dot com dot au*

::16.1.06::

Happier

I'm feeling much better now - thanks for all the lovely comments :) It's like that hard ball of yuckiness has left my stomach. I think a good night's sleep tonight will make me feel even better. I don't have to start work until 10 am tomorrow (I'm only doing a half day) so I think I might go in early and do my gym stuff before work then I'll be free to head to Vic Market after work without having to drag my vegies to the gym with me. There is something grotty about taking food to the gym.

It's been a fun job albeit short. I'm in West Melbourne which is a nice area and found a little cafe near work that has free fruit! How good is that! They have lovely big communal tables with lots of glossy mags to read too.

Anyway, now the clouds are lifting, I have another thing to stress about...lol. For the past few years I've been on an internet dating site but haven't been really actively pursuing anything like that for ages. Occasionally I get a response but most of the guys are semi-literate or recently released crims or sleaze bags. I'm sure they respond to every female on the site and don't even read their profiles. So I've mostly ignored them.

Well last week I got a response from a guy who sounded nice. We have a few things in common anyway. So we've emailed a couple of times and are meeting for coffee soon. I haven't even seen a photo of him yet but I figure it's just a coffee.

To be honest, I'm not that stressed about it. I used to meet up with lots of guys from online a few years ago (and boy, do I have some stories I could tell about those experiences) and I'm quite expert at dealing with the situation.

I was wondering what I should wear. My dating outfits used to be based around one principle - show lots of cleavage and the guy mightn't notice how fat I am! Now I have more options. I actually had a moment today when I wondering what was the best "look" to impress him then I realised - screw that. I'll go along as ME and he'll either like me or he won't. It's as simple as that. I think I'm growing up.

YAY for going as yourself !!! Al and I have long had this theory that we dress for comfort (I know it is slightly different when you are an old married couple) but even when we were dating (how odd does that sound ?) we used to dress for comfort and bugger what anyone else thought. We never had a look much different from jeans and a casual or smart shirt. Now I think - what the hell - I don't care if someone doesn;t like what I am wearing or how I look - so long as all the bits that are supposed to be covered, are covered and my undies don't show through my clothes - they can all get stuffed !!!
Have a great week and enjoy your half day tomorrow (or should that be today !)
Me

By Blogger Me, at 2:31 am  

What a fabulous attitude!!! Have fun on your date, too.

By Blogger Denise, at 4:11 am  

I dunno - I'm still pretty keen on showing lots of cleavage! But seriously, definitely dress for how you want to look - you'll be more comfortable and that makes you a more attractive person anyway. Have fun!

By Blogger Sue, at 6:42 am  

Excellent choice to go as yourself :o) That's an excellent atttitude. Hope he's nice. Have fun!

By Blogger Unknown, at 7:25 am  

I like the attitude. And I'm sure you will look and feel fab with whatever you choose!
:)
Ps I hope he is really nice!

By Blogger Ang, at 7:37 am  

I'm sure whatever you end up wearing will be fine and I hope you find when you meet him that you have even more in common and get on really well. You know everyone will be bugging you about this now! LOL
Bri

By Blogger Briony, at 9:21 am  

hehe growing up - I'm a long way from that!

OMG free fruit sounds so awesome, and you have an airy-ness about the way you write, like a calm-happiness. It's nice.

Glad you're feeling better, sleep is always a good thing ;P

Enjoy your coffee and you have totally hooked me with the stories ~ would love to hear them heh (see what a nosey parker I am) plus... you'll be beautiful no matter what you wear ;D Gotta love it, inner confidence goes with everything!

By Blogger Dee, at 9:25 am  

I would go for comfort with a bit of cleavage...lol

By Blogger Leighanne, at 11:09 am  

I like the cleavage but only because I love bosoms - I think they are beautiful and show them off for me anyway - If I can share the love that is even better 8-) You have achieved some huge milestones lately - and congrats on the message on the weighing machine......you continue to inspire me. I think our problems get sorted out in more "beach moments" like you had than anything else - as long as we open ourselves up to accepting them the answer can sometimes pop up when we don't concentrate on it too much. Have a fantastic week and can't wait to hear about the coffee date. hugs leisa

By Blogger Learning Leaders, at 1:18 pm  

glad to hear that ur feeling better :)
whats not toi like about u kathyn...u look great in ur pic u posted and u have a fab personality, whats not to like...ha hes probably stressing just as much as u r so dont worry...have fun x

By Blogger laura, at 2:20 pm  

Ha! So this is why I was showing too much cleavage too! You light the bulbs for me babe!lol

It is strange though, you just made me realise that since I've lost the weight I rarely show cleavage anymore. I go for rather simpler round neck blouses that show my shoulders and neck...who would have thought!!!!

So...when is the date?

By Blogger Argy, at 8:00 pm  

Good on you, beautiful! What a fab attitude you have - but showing cleavage never hurts, heh heh! I hope he is really nice, you deserve to have someone really special.

Good luck, let us all know how it goes!!

By Blogger philippa_moore, at 9:46 pm  

you have to wear a piece of 'lucky' clothing. Everyone has one of those pieces right? a bit of booby never hurt anyone either. Enjoy.

By Blogger Cinders, at 10:16 pm  

LOL at growing up. I suppose it has to happen to us all at one stage or another.

I have two friends who are actively involved in internet dating. One has a current photo, true profile and gets a few dates here and there, but always has a great time and gets follow up from the guys she meets. They don't all work out but she has a good time.

The other has a really old (read younger) photo, and has made up all this stuff to get more people interested in her. And it works. She goes out on heaps and heaps of dates. But. Never has a good time and never gets any follow up calls.

I think it definitely works in your favour to go as you. Then when someone falls - they fall for the real person.

Glad you are feeling happier today :D

By Blogger Margaret, at 10:47 pm  

Hi
Glad you are feeling brighter. I reaaly appreciate your honesty and emotion in your posts.Hope your date goes well and we get to hear all about it!!:-)

By Blogger Lesley, at 11:28 pm  

So glad to read that you're happier :-) And how about that cafe? Free fruit sounds so nice in this day and age. The communal big tables sound cool. I have a two friends that were successful with internet dating and one of them is now married so that's pretty cool. Great to hear that you are going to go along as you! I love that you are comfortable in your own skin and be proud!! You're a very intelligent beautiful woman with a great sense of humour. I can imagine the stories LOL. Have fun :-)

By Blogger Mary, at 4:02 pm  

 

stats:

current weight:
76.6 kg

start weight:
110.1 kg

total loss:
33.5 kg

goal weight:
70 kgs

 

measurements:

boobs: 100 cm

waist: 81 cm

hips: 109 cm

thighs: 50 cm

 

Weekly Goal Lifestyle Changing Challenge-A-Rama

Week 1 - Drink more water

Week 2 - Cut out sugary treats

*

my writing blog

previous:

Once Upon A Time...

Beach

Fear

Emotional Weight

Loves It

Arrrggghh!

Weak as a Kitten

Friends

Running

pssst...

archives