iDiet

[a weight loss story]

*kathrynoh at nemesis dot com dot au*

::17.1.06::

Tagged By Dee

The divine Dee has tagged me, so I must obey:

1. What were you doing 10 years ago?

I find it so hard to pinpoint what I was doing at specific time (that's why I need a blog). I'm pretty sure that is when I was in the midst of my party girl/fag hag phase and since Andrew would have been staying with Mum for the school hols, I can imagine it would have been all systems go on the party front. Lots of clubbing and $1 pot nights on Mondays at the Prince of Wales. Oh boy, it makes me tired to think about it all now.

I was living in my flat in St Kilda (the place that still feels like HOME to me) and was working as trainee programmer while studying part time.

2. What were you doing a year ago?

My pre-diet phase - I was being to face up to the fact that I had to do something about my lifestyle or end up seriously ill. My diabetes was out of control and I felt like shite.

A year ago, I was working in the shitty temp that I got sacked from (I've mentioned this before) and going insane because I had nothing to do. I was incredibly depressed and felt like my life was falling apart.

3. Five snacks I enjoy:


  • Jarlsberg cheese (I had some tonight and reaffirmed my love)
  • Summer fruits - apricots, nectarines, strawberries... bring it on
  • Banana bread from Borders cafe - my biggest weakness although I ordered some on the weekend and they have me two big pieces and I think that was my undoing. I feel like I have truly satiated the urge.
  • Sushi - it's cheap, filling, convenient (esp for after gym munchies) and delicious. And best when served via a locomotive device)
  • Chai - so it's a drink not a snack but I'm an addict. I have about 8 different forms of chai just at home.

4. Five songs to which I know all the lyrics:

There are a million of these. I am the uber-car singer. I'm not ashamed to admit to these (although I should be):

  • Stop in the Name of Love - The Supremes
  • Forever Now - Cold Chisel
  • Fell In Love With A Girl - The White Stripes (and I can sing along too, no easy task)
  • Shivers - Boys Next Door
  • I want to be evil - Eartha Kitt (but only when I'm drunk)

5. Five things I would do if I were a millionaire:

  • Plastic surgery all the way, baby. A full body lift and butt implants and a boob job. But they aint touching my face - that's freaky.
  • Travel of course
  • Buy an nice little low maintenance flat
  • Hire a hit man to kill my enemies
  • Hmmm... can't think of anything else. Maybe throw a party and invite all my fave bloggers (with airfares thrown in)

6. Five Bad Habits

  • Swearing - I'm a complete potty mouth
  • Lateness
  • Forgetting my mobile (which infuriates my friends when combined with the lateness)
  • Internet browsing excesses
  • Eating (of course)

7. Five Things I Enjoy Doing

  • Internet browsing
  • Eating, which really shouldn't be a hobby
  • Gym ... sometimes
  • Going to see really good bands, the kind that make you forget you've been standing on your feet waiting for hours to see them.
  • Driving to Torquay with my sister with us belting out songs at the top of our lungs

8. 5 Things I Would Never Wear (or buy or get)

  • Anything "boho"
  • Applique windcheaters esp ones with furry koalas on them
  • G Strings
  • A dark tan - if I colour at all, I do it lightly
  • Anything from Kookai (I hate those girls with their Kookai bags so much)

9. Five favourite toys:

  • Ipod
  • my fat rolls - they have to come in handy for something
  • tweezers - I love plucking stuff, sick I know
  • my computer

That's it, I don't have many toys.

This part I'm not sure I get. But I'm game. Remove the top person from the list. Bump everyone up a spot, and put yourself at the bottom.

elephants gestation

So its come down to this

ukraine adventure

145

Reflected Thoughts

And now to tag others... sorry if you've already done it...

Briony

Lucinda

Jadey

M

Beck

And, while I'm at it, I saw this on another blog and thought it was interesting:

5 Weird Things About Me:

  1. I always try to pay for things with the exact money. Even if it inconveniences myself and those around me. I don't know why I do it but it always makes me happy if I have the right money.
  2. I'm hopeless with remembering birthdays - I even forget the exact date of my son's birthday half the time (although I never forget to buy him presents, just put the wrong date on forms etc).
  3. I taught myself to write with my left hand one time. I was working in a call centre and was bored shitless and it was something to fill up the time.
  4. I find it hard to do yoga or anything like that - not (just) because I'm inflexible but because I have weird jutting out bones esp in my knees and it's painful to kneel.
  5. I've never been to a hen's night and only been to two weddings (one of those I was only there to video). Few of my friends and family marry and with the others, I seem to be the "single" friend who gets dumped when they start a relationship. But that will change soon - I'm planning a hen's night for my friend so any suggestions are appreciated since she's nixed the stripper! Do you take presents for a hen's night? What are some good "surprises" for the night?


Thanks for tagging me, I love these things! Mind you it will take me all day to think of the answers. LOL.
Hope you're having a great day!
Bri

By Blogger Briony, at 9:54 am  

Hey that was interesting! Hens night.... as of yet have not been to one. Look forward to hearing what you have planned!

By Blogger Ang, at 5:13 pm  

WOW so much stuff. I shall answer such questions with pride. Tomorrow. I love your weird stuff. I too like to pay with exactly the right amount and will take minutes to get that elusive 5 cent piece that is stuck at the bottom of my wallet rather than give the guy a $2 coin. How funny.

Hens nights can be a minefield of emotion and hormones, drunken ones too. What I did for my sister, as we both don't play games very well, is I made her the obligatory veil but I used a piece of material I later used to wrap an album of the night in. Then I had all these little coloured pieces of paper - not postit's - with safety pins on it and during the night I just handed these out to all the people there and they wrote notes on them and pinned them to the veil. Even a couple of strangers!! These were also put in the album with photo's of the night. Heaps of fun as the hen doesn't really get a chance to read them until later. I'm sure googling for info will give you more than you need.

Have a great night and remind me never to become one of your enemies (hit man indeed!!)

By Blogger Margaret, at 8:42 pm  

I had to laugh out loud when I read that you love your tweezers. If I took them places with me I would be dangerous. I plucked out one of those long hairs from my hubby eyebrow this morning and he was mortified - because I did it ON THE TRAIN! Its a sickness I tell you!
Great post by the way! vx

By Blogger missy vas, at 4:51 pm  

Thanks for tagging me too! cant wait to do it.

We have EXACTLY the same bad habits.

By Blogger The Candid Bandit, at 11:21 am  

 

stats:

current weight:
76.6 kg

start weight:
110.1 kg

total loss:
33.5 kg

goal weight:
70 kgs

 

measurements:

boobs: 100 cm

waist: 81 cm

hips: 109 cm

thighs: 50 cm

 

Weekly Goal Lifestyle Changing Challenge-A-Rama

Week 1 - Drink more water

Week 2 - Cut out sugary treats

*

my writing blog

previous:

Happier

Once Upon A Time...

Beach

Fear

Emotional Weight

Loves It

Arrrggghh!

Weak as a Kitten

Friends

Running

archives